If you are having trouble with the Local Channel DVR on your AirTV device, follow the steps below.
1. Is the AirTV already set up on the Sling App?
If Yes: Proceed to step 2.
If Not: You'll first need to set up your AirTV on the Sling app. For instructions on how to do this, click HERE
2. Are you trying to watch on a device that is compatible with Local Channel DVR? Click HERE to see a list of devices that are compatible with Local Channel DVR.
If Yes: Proceed to step 3.
If No: Local Channel DVR only works on compatible devices. To make use of the Local Channel DVR on your AirTV, you'll need to watch on a compatible device.
3. Do you have an AirTV, AirTV 2 or AirTV Anywhere? If you're not sure, click HERE to see a picture of each device.
If you have an AirTV 2 or AirTV Anywhere: Local Channel DVR is available on these devices without any system updates. Proceed to step 4 for further troubleshooting.
4. If watching on an AirTV: Is theAirTV firmware up to date with the minimum version to run DVR?
a. Minimum AirTV Firmware Version: 2.4.58
b. Steps how to find AirTV Firmware Version:
i. Open the Sling app on your mobile or tablet device, then navigate to Settings:
ii. In Settings select "Over the Air Channels":
iii. Select "AirTV Support Info":
iv. Look at the Firmware Version field:
v. If the firmware version is lower then the one listed above, reset your AirTV device by unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in.
vi. If the firmware still has not updated, a factory reset may be needed to insure the latest version is downloaded. The AirTV will have to be set up again after the factory reset. For how to factory reset the AirTV click HERE.
5. If you have an AirTV or AirTV 2: is a hard drive connected to the AirTV device? Please note that external hard drives are NOT YET SUPPORTED with the AirTV Anywhere.
a. Is the hard drive larger than 50 GB?
If No: The minimum compatible hard drive size is 50GB. You'll need a hard drive that's at least 50 GB to use Local Channel DVR.
If Yes: a. Is the hard drive formatted for the AirTV? To check, follow the steps below:
i. Open the Sling app on your mobile or tablet device, then navigate to Settings.
ii. In the settings select "DVR".
iii. If a hard drive is connected and formatted, the name of the drive will be shown along with the option to eject. If no drive is formatted then this option will not be visible, and instead there will be a message about setting up Local Channel DVR.
iv. If no drive is formatted, then local channels DVR has not been set up. Note: If a hard drive is plugged into the AirTV and not showing as being formatted, unplug and re-plugin the hard drive to start the process.
6. After the hard drive has been formatted, is the record button showing in the Sling Guide?
If Yes: You are ready to record!
If No: Close out of the app completely and restart the app. After the app restarts the option to record will appear!